Tuesday 29 January 2013

Fitness FRENCH Toast Recipe



You can use whole wheat bread or Ezekiel bread for this recipe. I decided to make good use of some homemade 100% whole wheat bread from a friend :) I'll admit I rarely intake any sorts of bread even if it's whole wheat but when I do decide to switch up my carb source and consume some bread, it is always whole wheat or Ezekiel and is always consumed as a post-post workout meal to allow my body to get the most out of it. Good idea to switch your food sources from time to time, it will prevent your body from getting use to what is coming in.

Nutrition:

Carbs: 40g
Protein: 35g
Fat: 6g
2 slices bread

MIXTURE
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract 
  • 1/2 cup egg whites 
  • 1 whole egg 
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon 
  • 1/2 scoop Whey Protein powder 
  • Optional Topping: 1 Tbsp. 100% Maple Syrup (13g carbs) 
Cooking: Use coconut oil to grease pan, soak bread in mixture on both sides and set on pan for 3 mins each side.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment